KEENE, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College men's golf team is in eighth place in a field that includes five 2018 NCAA Championship qualifiers following day one of the Franklin Pierce University Fall Invitational on Sunday at the Keene Country Club.
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- First-year Owen O'Malley (Marshfield, Mass./Marshfield), 6-over 78, tied for 19th; 2nd 78 in as many college rounds
- Sophomore Connor Morse (Westford, Mass./Kimball Union Academy), 79, tied for 21st; career-high placement at a tournament
- Senior Colin Gaunt (Queensbury, N.Y./Queensbury), 81, tied for 32nd
- Junior Matt Johnson (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln-Sudbury Regional), 81, tied for 32nd
- Senior Tucker Buteau (Gorham, Maine/Tilton School), 82, tied for 40th
- The Purple and Gold is eighth among 11 schools with 319 strokes.
- Saint Michael's is one stroke behind seventh-place Felician (N.J.) University (318) and two strokes ahead of ninth-place The College of Saint Rose (321).
- Field includes five of 10 qualifiers for 2018 NCAA East Region Championship. Purple Knights are within four strokes of Saint Thomas Aquinas (N.Y.) College (315), which was No. 3 seed at the regional.
- All five Purple Knights were in the top 40 in a 60-man field on Day 1.
- The Purple Knights' second consecutive event at the Keene Country Club. Saint Michael's trimmed eight strokes off of its 327 shots last Sunday.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Tomorrow at Franklin Pierce Fall Invitational. Day 2 action begins at 9 a.m.