PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. - The Saint Michael's College men's ice hockey team lost an exhibition contest at the State University of New York at Plattsburgh, 6-3, on Saturday evening at the Stafford Ice Arena.
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Ethan Hendrickson (Budd Lake, N.J./New Jersey Rockets), 1 goal, 2 assists, +2
- Sophomore Paul McAuliffe (Newton, Mass./Kimball Union Academy), 1 goal, +2
- Sophomore Zach Sullivan (Weymouth, Mass./Walpole Express), 1 goal
- Senior Sam D'Antuono (Hingham, Mass./Dexter School), 12-for-21 on faceoffs
- Senior Chris Johnson (Duxbury, Mass./Pomfret School), 8 saves in 20:00
- Junior Tim Decker (Liverpool, N.Y./Canterbury School), 1 save in 7:34
- First-year Hugo Turcotte (Gap, France/Kimball Union Academy), 17 sv in 32:26
- Sophomore Rich McCartney, 2 goals
- Senior Cam Owens, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Junior Philip Middleton, 2 assists
- Senior Jakob Engvall, 1 goal
- Senior Ross Sloan, 1 goal
- Sophomore Tom Bowe, 1 goal
- Junior Keller Kowalowski, 9 saves in 20:00 (starter)
- The teams' only regular-season meeting came during the 2003-04 season.
- Saint Michael's was the 2018 Northeast-10 Conference Championship runner-up and was picked to win the league in 2018-19 in a preseason poll released yesterday.
- SUNY Plattsburgh has been a regular in the NCAA Division III Tournament, qualifying for seven of the last 11, and 22 of the last 34.
- SUNY Plattsburgh scored three times in the opening 7:34, with Bowe tallying after 2:17 and Engvall (6:57) and Owens (7:34) later scoring 37 seconds apart. Owens' marker came on a power play.
- Less than a minute later, with 8:22 gone, Hendrickson tallied off an assist from sophomore Niall Foster (Newmarket, N.H./Walpole Express).
- Saint Michael's rallied within one on Sullivan's goal at 6:19 of the second period, with first-year Colin O'Connor (North Haven, Conn./Connecticut RoughRiders) and Hendrickson picking up helpers.
- McCartney scored twice in a 4:30 stretch later in the period, with the second one, a power-play strike, pushing the lead to 5-2 at 17:02.
- Sloan added another extra-man marker at 3:36 of the third.
- McAuliffe finished the scoring at 9:24, with Hendrickson and sophomore Sel Narby (Huntington, N.Y./Connecticut Junior Rangers) lending a hand.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Friday vs. SUNY Potsdam, 7 p.m.
- Purple Knights' regular-season opener.