SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. – The Saint Michael's College men's ice hockey team dropped a 4-1 decision to Anna Maria College during Saturday's non-conference matchup at Cairns Arena.
- Saint Michael's (1-5-1), Anna Maria (1-3-1)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- First-year Matt Egan (Hingham, Mass./Kimball Union Academy), 1 goal (1st career)
- Senior Sam D'Antuono (Hingham, Mass./Dexter School), 1 assist, 10-for-17 on faceoffs
- First-year Hugo Turcotte (Gap, France/Kimball Union Academy), 15 saves
- Sophomore Niall Foster (Newmarket, N.H./Walpole Express), 8-for-10 on faceoffs
- First-year Nick Kukuris, 1 goal, 1 assist
- First-year Jack Sitzman, 1 goal, 1 assist
- First-year Kevin Kaufman, 1 goal
- First-year Quinn Tucker, 1 goal
- First-year Patrick McGuane, 34 saves
- First-ever meeting between the two teams as the AMCATS are in their inaugural season as a program.
- The Purple Knights held a 35-19 advantage in shots, while also holding a 35-20 lead in faceoffs.
- The AMCATS scored their first goal with seven seconds remaining in the first period, as Kukuris pilfered the puck away from a Purple Knight defender behind the Saint Michael's net and tossed it in front to Sitzman, who buried it into the lower left side.
- The Purple and Gold equalized 27 seconds into the second period as D'Antuono gained possession of the puck behind the Anna Maria net and found Egan in the low slot for a wrister into the right corner.
- The AMCATS regained the lead 1:39 into the third when first-year Jackson Dobek intercepted the puck in the Anna Maria defensive zone and threw it up the left boards to Sitzman, who passed the puck to a wide open Kukuris in the low slot for a top-shelf wrister.
- Anna Maria made it 3-1 with 15:01 gone in the third after first-year Drew Geoupille saucered a pass the length of the ice to Kaufman, who buried the puck in the top right corner.
- Anna Maria tallied for the final time at the 17:43 mark as Tucker flicked a shot from the neutral zone into an empty net.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday vs. Amherst College, 4 p.m.