COLCHESTER, Vt. - During their first meeting in more than 16 years, the Saint Michael's College men's tennis team blanked Norwich University, 7-0, on Friday evening at the SMC Tennis Courts.
- Saint Michael's (1-2), Norwich (0-1)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Max Allen (Dennis, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional), 2 wins
- Senior Dan Foley (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley), 2 wins
- Junior Matt Mosher (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Warde), 2 wins
- Sophomore Colby Antonacci (Bolton Valley, Vt./Mount Mansfield Union/Saint Anselm), 2 wins
- First-year Constantin Krogh (Oslo, Norway/Persbråten VGS), 2 wins
- First-year Ivan Llona (Shelburne, Vt./Champlain Valley Union), 2 wins
- Purple Knights' first match in 13 days.
- Purple Knights' earliest home opener since Sept. 22, 2013.
- Teams' first meeting since April 9, 2002, and first contest in Colchester since April 3, 2001.
- Norwich's first fall match since at least the 1998 season.
- Krogh and Mosher opened the match with a 6-1 victory at No. 3 doubles.
- Allen and Foley nabbed a 6-2 win in the top spot to clinch the Purple Knights the doubles point in the match and a 1-0 lead.
- The Vermont duo of Antonacci and Llona improved to 2-0 with a 6-1 triumph in the second position.
- Antonacci, Llona and Krogh claimed 6-0, 6-0 wins in the fourth, fifth and sixth singles spots, respectively. Llona improved to 3-0, while Krogh made his initial collegiate singles appearance.
- Foley and Mosher picked up 6-1, 6-1 wins at No. 1 and 3, respectively.
- Allen rattled off a 6-1, 6-4 victory in the second position for the first win of his collegiate singles career.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Saturday at Gordon College, 12 p.m.