COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College men's tennis team blanked Northern Vermont University-Lyndon, 7-0, on Tuesday in the Tarrant Recreation Center, as first-year Ivan Llona (Shelburne, Vt./Champlain Valley Union) picked up his school-record 12th singles victory this season.
- Saint Michael's (6-12), NVU-Lyndon (0-7)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Max Allen (Dennis, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional), 2 wins
- Senior Dan Foley (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley), 2 wins
- Junior Matt Mosher (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Warde), 2 wins
- Sophomore Cam Maher (Exeter, N.H./Exeter), 2 wins
- First-year Constantin Krogh (Oslo, Norway/Perbråten VGS), 2 wins
- Sophomore Colby Antonacci (Bolton Valley, Vt./Mount Mansfield Union/Saint Anselm), 1 win
- First-year Ivan Llona (Shelburne, Vt./Champlain Valley Union), 1 win
- This was the fifth of five matches in seven days for the Purple Knights.
- Llona improved to 12-5 in singles, setting a program record for singles victories in a season. Luke Hudak '03 (2001-02) and Mike Thomas '81 (1980-81) held the mark entering this school year.
- Mosher moved to 10-7 in doubles, tying for fourth in program history in season doubles wins. He has the most by a Purple Knight since 2007-08.
- Krogh moved to 7-3 in singles play.
- Maher has partnered with a different teammate in each of his three doubles matches this season.
- The Purple Knights have 25 doubles wins this year, their most since 2007-08 (28), and 49 singles victories, their highest figure since 2007-08 (50).
- Saint Michael's downed the Hornets for the second time this season, having also done so March 19. The Purple Knights defeated the same team twice in a season for the first time since besting Bentley University twice in 2007-08.
- The Purple and Gold's six wins match the 2011-12 squad for the program's most since registering nine in 2007-08.
- The Purple Knights yielded only two games during a trio of doubles victories.
- Allen and Antonacci sided for the first time in their careers and blanked their foes in the third spot.
- Foley and Maher followed with an 8-1 win at No. 2, their first victory in two career matches together during Maher's first outing since Oct. 13. The triumph clinched the Purple Knights the doubles point.
- Krogh and Mosher earned an 8-1 victory at No. 1, improving to 3-1 as a tandem this season.
- Llona did not drop a game en route to his record-breaking victory in the fifth singles spot, and Foley followed suit at No. 1 to make it 3-0.
- Mosher secured the team triumph thanks to a 6-0, 6-1 win at No. 3, and Krogh blanked his opponent in the fourth spot.
- Allen worked through a 7-5, 7-6 (8-6) victory in the second position against NVU-Lyndon's wins leader the last two seasons.
- Maher finished off a 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 6 to cap the contest.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Saturday vs. Stonehill College, 12 p.m.
- The Purple Knights host their Senior Day match that day as well as a Hope Happens Here Mental Health Awareness event.