COLCHESTER, Vt. - With only one championship meet instead of two on the docket, the Saint Michael's College women's swimming & diving team focuses solely on the Northeast-10 Conference Championship for the first time in 2016-17. Swimmers and divers who played a hand in 75 victories during dual meets last season return, as the Purple Knights had a historic 6-3 mark while posting their highest point total at NE-10s in six years.
Head Coach: Eileen Hall (7th Year)
Diving Coach: Susannah Gruner (1st Year)
Assistant Coaches: Jacob Magnan (2nd Year), Michael Sprague '12 (1st Year), Laura Matuszak (15th Year)
2015-16 Record: 6-3
2015-16 Northeast-10 Conference Championship: 7th/9
Swimmers and divers who combined for two school records and played a hand in 75 event victories last winter return ... the team has recorded six dual-meet victories in consecutive seasons for the first time since the 2001-02 and 2002-03 campaigns ... the Purple Knights' 233 points at the NE-10 Championship were their most at the meet since 2009-10 ... 16-woman squad is evenly split between eight upperclassmen and eight underclassmen ... 16 women hail from eight different states, including each of the six New England states.
Saint Michael's opens the season with four dual meets in 11 days, beginning by hosting Colby-Sawyer College on Saturday ... after capping the first semester by competing at the State University of New York at Potsdam's North Country Invitational on Nov. 18-19, the Purple Knights break until January, when they host three meets between Jan. 14 and 22 before visiting Saint Lawrence University on Jan. 28 for their finale ... the NE-10 Championship occurs on Feb. 16-19 at Southern Connecticut State University. For what is believed to be the first time since at least the 1980s, the team will not compete at the New England Intercollegiate Swimming & Diving Association (NEISDA) Championship, instead focusing on peaking while concluding its season at the NE-10 Championship.
- Lindsay McNall (Colchester, Vt./Colchester), back, IM, fly | captain | 20 wins | studied abroad during 2nd semester | 2-time NE-10 All-Conference | 7 career school records
- Cymantha Rogers (Swampscott, Mass./Swampscott), breast, free | 2nd-year captain | 3 wins
- Katrina Wiesner (Bow, N.H./Bow), fly, sprint free
- Ally Fischang (Oakland, Maine/Messalonskee), fly, free | missed season due to injury | 1 career school record
- Genevieve Gigandet (Groveland, Mass./Central Catholic), diving | 10 wins
- Theresa Murphy (Pittsfield, Mass./Pittsfield), fly, IM | captain | 8 wins | 1 school record
- Coral Santos (Pawtucket, R.I./Saint Raphael Academy), fly, mid-distance free | 1 win
- Sammy Sidorakis (Baldwinsville, N.Y./C.W. Baker), back | 4 wins | 1 career school record
- Elizabeth Doherty (Dedham, Mass./Dedham), sprint free | 1 win
- Tess Grimaldi (Higganum, Conn./Haddam-Killingworth), sprint free, fly | 6 wins
- Patty Kohn (Weston, Conn./Greenwich), back, mid-distance free, distance free | 22 wins (team leader) | 1 school record
- Reiley Adelson (Saratoga Springs, N.Y./Saratoga Springs), mid-distance free
- Sarah Brennan (Glen Rock, N.J./Immaculate Heart Academy), distance free
- Lauren Giampietro (Watertown, Conn./Watertown), breast
- Megan Reid (Winchester, Mass./Winchester), distance free
- Sarah White (Lakeville, Mass./Apponequet Regional), fly, back