COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's swimming & diving team opened a two-meet weekend with a 121-84 loss to Merrimack College on Friday afternoon in the Ross Sports Center.
- Saint Michael's (1-2), Merrimack (1-1)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Patty Kohn (Weston, Conn./Greenwich), 3 wins
- Junior Lauren Giampietro (Watertown, Conn./Watertown), 3 wins
- Junior Sarah White (Lakeville, Mass./Apponequet Regional), 2 wins
- Sophomore Kristin Burlew (Springfield, Vt./Hartford), 1 win
- Purple Knights' third meet in a season-opening three-meet homestand.
- Saint Michael's competes twice in less than 24 hours, beginning with today's meet.
- Burlew, Giampietro, Kohn and White opened the meet by winning the 400-yard medley relay (4:19.58).
- Kohn added victories in the 500- (5:25.42) and 1,000-yard (11:18.44) freestyle races, while Giampietro captured the 100-yard breaststroke (1:12.87) and 200-yard individual medley (2:21.93).
- White nabbed a second triumph in the 100-yard butterfly (1:04.12) and placed third in the 100-yard backstroke.
- Senior Tess Grimaldi (Higganum, Conn./Haddam-Killingworth) earned a third-place showing during the 50 free and aided the third-place 200 free relay, siding with classmates Elizabeth Doherty (Dedham, Mass./Dedham) and Meg Flanagan (Middletown, R.I./The Prout School/Boston College) and sophomore Leah Benoit (Franklin, Mass./Franklin).
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Tomorrow at Clarkson University, 1 p.m.
- The men also compete tomorrow.