COLCHESTER, Vt. - Senior Emily Ferreri (Hyde Park, N.Y./Our Lady of Lourdes) scored the first seven points of a key 9-0 run in the fourth quarter that helped the Saint Michael's College women's basketball team pull away for a 64-54 victory over Franklin Pierce University on Tuesday during Northeast-10 Conference play in the Ross Sports Center.
- Saint Michael's (2-3, 1-2 NE10), Franklin Pierce (1-4, 0-2 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Emily Ferreri (Hyde Park, N.Y./Our Lady of Lourdes), 23 points (tied career high), 9 rebounds (7 offensive), 4 steals, 3 assists, 1 block
- Sophomore Nicole Anderson (Kittery Point, Maine/Marianapolis Prep), 10 points, 3 assists, 2-for-2 three-pointers
- Redshirt sophomore Casey Evans (Londonderry, N.H./Saint Andrew's School), 8 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals
- Junior Brianna Purcell (Bedford, N.H./Bedford), 6 points, 6 assists, 3 steals
- Junior Taylor Miller (Falmouth, Mass./Falmouth), 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals
- Junior Mya Mosley, 17 points, 4 assists, 2 blocks
- Sophomore Hannah Everidge, 11 points, 2 steals
- First-year Izzy Lipinski, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks
- Saint Michael's forced 22 turnovers while committing only 15 of its own, and handing out 15 assists. The Purple Knights converted that into a 22-13 scoring advantage off of turnovers.
- The hosts netted a 38-20 scoring edge in the paint while shooting 47.5 percent and yielding 38.3 percent shooting.
- The teams combined to make only five free throws in the game, with the Ravens converting just one.
- Saint Michael's is now 4-1 in the last five meetings, as well as 4-1 in the last five meetings at home.
- The Purple Knights capped a short two-game homestand, as they host only one more NE10 game this semester.
- Sophomore Sophia Holmes trimmed the Purple Knights' lead to 8-6 at 3:35 of the opening quarter before the hosts went on an 11-2 run, with Ferreri scoring four of the points. Her lay-in pushed the advantage to 19-8 29 seconds into the second quarter.
- First-year Emma Carter's jumper cut the deficit to 21-16 at 6:52, but Saint Michael's accumulated a 12-4 run in response, with junior Alyssa Breunig (Trumbull, Conn./Trumbull) scoring five points. First-year Nicole Ladas' (Glastonbury, Conn./Tilton School) three pushed the lead to 33-20 with 3:04 to go. Anderson's triple at 26 seconds kept the hosts ahead 38-27 at halftime.
- Franklin Pierce began the second half on an 18-6 run, with first-year Lisa Sulejmani's lay-in giving the visitors a 45-44 edge with 3:35 to go in the third period.
- Ferreri's bucket 23 seconds later put the hosts in front for good and kicked off a 6-0 run to end the period.
- The Ravens trailed just 55-52 on Mosley's basket at 6:37 of the fourth quarter before Saint Michael's pulled away with a 9-0 run, keyed by Ferreri scoring the first seven points.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Nov. 28 at Assumption College, 5:30 p.m.