COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College women's basketball team dropped a 62-53 decision to The College of Saint Rose during Wednesday's Northeast-10 Conference contest at Ross Sports Center.
- Saint Michael's (5-8, 1-7 NE10), Saint Rose (10-4, 3-4 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Emily Ferreri (Hyde Park, N.Y./Our Lady of Lourdes), 15 points, 5 rebounds, 6-for-9 field goals
- Junior Brianna Purcell (Bedford, N.H./Bedford), 13 points, 4 assists, 5-for-10 field goals
- Junior Taylor Miller (Falmouth, Mass./Falmouth), 12 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 5-for-9 field goals
- Sophomore Nicole Anderson (Kittery Point, Maine/Marianapolis Prep), 8 points, 6 rebounds
- Senior Ashley Vanderwall, 23 points, 8-for-13 field goals, 6-for-9 three-pointers
- Junior Courtney Clasen, 11 points, 4 rebounds, 4-for-4 free throws
- Sophomore Nina Fedullo, 9 points, 5-for-5 free throws
- Junior Cameron Graupman, 5 points, 5 rebounds
- Senior Karissa Birthwright, 6 rebounds, 5 offensive rebounds
- Junior Takora McIntyre, 4 steals
- The Purple Knights came into the game riding a season-high three-game winning streak.
- The Purple Knights held the Golden Knights to 35.2 percent shooting from the field and held a 34-14 advantage in points in the paint.
- Saint Rose went 10-for-23 (43.5%) from three-point range, while holding the Purple and Gold to two makes, outscoring the hosts 30-6 from beyond the arc.
- Saint Rose shot 14-for-17 from the charity stripe - with 12 of their makes coming in the first half - to the Purple Knights' 7-for-8 showing.
- With her two blocks, Miller upped her career total to 53, passing Assistant Coach Logan Pintka '11 (52) for 12th in program history.
- The Golden Knights led 16-9 after ending the quarter on a 7-0 run which was capped by a three-pointer from Graupman with 31 seconds left.
- The Purple Knights rallied within three points on three separate occasions in the second quarter, with Miller netting a layup on the final two occasions.
- The Golden Knights extended their lead to 11 with 38 seconds left in the second quarter as senior Zoe McDonald tossed in a free throw for the final point of the half.
- Saint Rose extended its lead to 14 at the 7:35 mark in the third quarter before the Purple and Gold brought it back to within eight points on junior Cassandra Falone's (Chatham, N.J./Chatham) three-pointer at 5:22.
- After a three-point play by Ferreri at 3:26 kept it an eight-point game, the Golden Knights went on an 8-0 run to make it a 16-point game with 2:17 left in the third, the largest lead of the night.
- The Purple Knights opened the fourth quarter with three straight layups from Ferreri, Purcell, and Miller to cut the deficit to seven, but Vanderwall went on an 8-2 run for Saint Rose to push the lead to 62-49 with 2:12 left.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday at American International College, 1:30 p.m.