SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College women's basketball team dropped a 65-46 decision at American International College on Saturday during Northeast-10 Conference play in Butova Gymnasium.
- Saint Michael's (5-9, 1-8 NE10), AIC (9-7, 4-4 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Brianna Purcell (Bedford, N.H./Bedford), 14 points, 2 assists, 6-for-11 field goals
- Sophomore Nicole Anderson (Kittery Point, Maine/Marianapolis Prep), 11 points, 3 rebounds, 5-for-12 field goals
- Senior Emily Ferreri (Hyde Park, N.Y./Our Lady of Lourdes), 6 points, 4 assists, 2 steals
- Junior Taylor Miller (Falmouth, Mass./Falmouth), 5 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 assists
- First-year Emma MacDonough (South Burlington, Vt./South Burlington), 4 points, 3 rebounds
- Junior Alyssa Breunig (Trumbull, Conn./Trumbull), 3 rebounds, 3 blocks
- First-year Nicole Ladas (Glastonbury, Conn./Tilton School), 4 rebounds
- Senior Dana Watts, 24 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists
- Junior Rashana Siders, 17 points, 5 assists
- Senior Dominique Boyd, 11 points, 8 rebounds
- Beginning of five-game run for Saint Michael's during which four games are on the road.
- The Purple Knights outscored the Yellow Jackets, 30-29, during the second half.
- AIC scored the first nine points of the game, with Watts netting the final six.
- Watts' jumper at 9:30 of the second quarter pushed the hosts' lead to 18-3 before Ladas buried a three 15 seconds later off a Ferreri feed, and Purcell's lay-in following a Ferreri steal cut the deficit to 10.
- After Watts' buzzer-beating basket gave AIC a 36-16 halftime lead, Purcell converted back-to-back hoops to cap a 6-0 run to begin the third quarter, drawing Saint Michael's within 14 points.
- A lay-up from Watts was followed by a jumper by Siders at 7:15 that extended the lead back to 40-22, and the hosts never again led by fewer than 18 points.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Wednesday at University of New Haven, 1 p.m.