SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. – The Saint Michael's College women's ice hockey team scored three goals in the third period to push past Anna Maria College, 3-1, during Friday night's non-conference contest at Cairns Arena.
- Saint Michael's (4-10-1), Anna Maria (1-11)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Holly Sullivan (Twin Mountain, N.H./Berlin Senior), 1 goal (first career)
- Junior Arianna Boscia (Cranston, R.I./La Salle Academy), 1 goal, 2 blocks
- Junior Jordan Monbouquette (Wayland, Mass./Lawrence Academy), 1 goal
- Sophomore Courtney Kelly (Arlington, Mass./Boston Jr. Shamrocks), 2 assists, 3 blocks
- Junior Torrie Gray (Plymouth, Mass./Plymouth North), 1 assist
- Junior Alissa Sullivan (Hingham, Mass./Hingham), 1 assist
- Sophomore MacRae McCarthy (Ithaca, N.Y./Syracuse Nationals), 1 assist (first career)
- Sophomore Krista Ferrari (Dunstable, Mass./East Coast Wizards), 16-for-22 on faceoffs
- Sophomore Emily Lanci (Canton, Mass./Lawrence Academy), 13-for-15 on faceoffs
- Senior Nicole Talcott (Colchester, Vt./Rice Memorial Prep), 10 saves
- First-year Julianne Nelson, 1 goal
- First-year Georgia McLellan, 1 assist, 3 blocks
- First-year Gabrielle Gibson, 59 saves
- First meeting between the two teams.
- The second game of the weekend set, scheduled for Saturday, was cancelled due to weather.
- The Purple Knights have now completed five games in a seven-game home stretch that has spanned the month of January.
- The Purple Knights held a 37-17 lead on faceoffs.
- The AMCATS blocked 28 shots, with first-years McKenna Naumchik, Mackenzie Turcotte, and Katahdin Whitney recording four apiece.
- After a scoreless first period, the AMCATS tallied the first goal of the game 7:36 into the second period as McLellan tossed a puck off the neutral zone boards to Nelson, who then went on a breakaway, sniping the top left corner from the right circle.
- The Purple Knights evened the score at one apiece at the 6:30 mark in the third when Alissa Sullivan ripped a shot from the blue line that was saved, but bounced out near the right post to Holly Sullivan, who backhanded it in.
- Saint Michael's scored the go-ahead goal at 15:50 as Kelly deked around an AMCATS defender in the right circle and found Monbouquette in the slot for a one-timer that went bar down.
- The Purple and Gold made it 3-1 with 33 seconds remaining on an empty-net, power-play goal as Boscia picked up the puck in the neutral zone, made one move around a defender near the red line, then another near the blue line before roofing a shot into the empty net.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Next Friday vs. Franklin Pierce University, 7 p.m.