SHELTON, Conn. - Junior Jordan Monbouquette (Wayland, Mass./Lawrence Academy) scored both goals for the Saint Michael's College women's ice hockey team in a 2-0 victory over Post University during Friday afternoon's New England Women's Hockey Alliance (NEWHA) contest at the Sports Center of Connecticut.
- Saint Michael's (5-14-1, 3-9-1 NEWHA), Post (6-23, 1-12 NEWHA)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Jordan Monbouquette (Wayland, Mass./Lawrence Academy), 2 goals
- Sophomore Krista Ferrari (Dunstable, Mass./East Coast Wizards), 1 assist, 10-of-18 on faceoffs, +2
- Senior Nicole Talcott (Colchester, Vt./Rice Memorial Prep), 29 saves
- Sophomore MacRae McCarthy (Ithaca, N.Y./Syracuse Nationals), 13-of-21 on faceoffs
- Sophomore Emily Lanci (Canton, Mass./Lawrence Academy), 7-of-9 on faceoffs
- Junior Jenna Baumgartner, 51 saves
- Junior Kalena Mueller, 4 blocks
- First of a two-game road weekend series
- The Purple Knights came into the game in fourth place in the NEWHA and are now five points ahead of Post in the standings with the ability to clinch the fourth seed with a win tomorrow.
- Saint Michael's is 5-1 all-time against Post, including 3-0 on the road.
- This was Monbouquette's first career multi-goal game.
- The Purple Knights held a 34-26 advantage in faceoffs.
- The Purple Knights struck first when Monbouquette netted a marker 2:32 into the first period.
- With 18:01 gone, Ferrari tapped a loose puck to Monbouquette, who skated just inside the left circle and sniped a shot off the right post and in for her second goal of the game.
- At the 16:05 mark in the third period, sophomore Lizzie Blanchard (New Bedford, Mass./New Bedford) ripped a shot from the high slot directly off of a faceoff that was narrowly saved by Baumgartner.
- Junior Alissa Sullivan (Hingham, Mass./Hingham) rung a shot off the post during a power-play opportunity at the 18:19 mark in the middle of six shots that the Purple Knights put on net in the final 2:28.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Saturday at Post University, 4 p.m.