COLCHESTER, Vt. – The 2015 season was among the best over the past decade for the Saint Michael's College men's cross country team, which took its first top-10 showing at the Northeast-10 Conference Championship in seven years and notched its second-best finish at the NCAA East Regional Championship since 2006. Only one runner who finished among the team's top five at any race last fall departed, and two first-years join a veteran 10-man corps in 2016.
Head Coach: Joe Connelly '87 (16th Year)
Northeast-10 Conference Championship: 10th/15
NCAA East Regional Championship: 13th/30
In 2015, had best finish at NCAA East Regional Championship in four years, and second best since 2006 ... placed among top 10 at NE-10 Championship last fall for first time in seven seasons ... top six runners all had 8K personal records at that race ... won Vermont Technical College Invitational last Sept. 12 ... host third home meet in two seasons when Vermont Intercollegiate Championship takes place on campus on Sept. 30.
Saint Michael's will run on consecutive weekends only once this year, with the schedule otherwise set up for one race every two weeks ... the Purple Knights open the season on Sunday at Saint Anselm College's Shacklette Invitational ... on Sept. 30, the Vermont Intercollegiate Championship occurs on the Saint Michael's campus for the first time since 2011 ... the NE-10 Championship takes place on Oct. 22 at Stonehill College before the NCAA East Regional Championship is Nov. 5 in Contoocook, N.H., for the second straight year. Qualifiers head to the NCAA Championship on Nov. 19 in Saint Leo, Fla.
|[ La Liberte and Baird talk about 2016 ]|
- Cody Boissoneault (Saint Albans, Vt./BFA-Saint Albans) | captain | competed in five races
- Ross Henry (Chagrin Falls, Ohio/Kenston) | among team's top three at all seven races during first year of college running, including capturing top spot four times
- Torin La Liberte (Madison, N.H./Kennett) | captain | one of team's top two finishers at all seven meets, including posting fastest time on three occasions
- Cody Putnam (Alburgh, Vt./BFA-Saint Albans) | among Purple Knights' top seven runners during all six of his appearances
- Bryce Turner (Wayland, Mass./Wayland) | captain | competed in six meets
- David Baird (Higganum, Conn./Haddam-Killingworth) | among his team's top four at all seven meets
- Matthew Logue (Watertown, Conn./The Gunnery) | scored during all seven meets
- Lance Reynolds (Mansfield, Mass./Mansfield) | competed in four races
- Liam Schmelzle (Saint Louis Park, Minn./Saint Louis Park) | scored during all seven races
- Jacob Sutton (Tyngsboro, Mass./Tyngsboro) | ran at six races, including scoring during his first two appearances