GARDEN CITY, N.Y. - Adelphi University senior Emily Power scored 8:41 into overtime, as the Saint Michael's College field hockey team lost 1-0 on Saturday at Motamed Field during Northeast-10 Conference play.
- Saint Michael's (1-8, 1-4 NE10), Adelphi (5-4, 4-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Hannah Wilmot (West Townsend, Mass./Saint Bernard's Central Catholic), 11 saves
- Career-high save total
- 1st college start
- Senior Claire Kondrotas (Barre, Mass./Quabbin Regional), 1 defensive save
- Senior Emily Power, 1 goal
- Sophomore Jackie Brown, 1 assist
- First-year Leah Savage, 2 saves
- Saint Michael's was amid a three-game road swing.
- Purple Knights' first game in a week.
- Saint Michael's played its second consecutive overtime game.
- Four of the Purple Knights' losses have been by one goal, while each of their last 12 losses dating back to last fall have come by two goals or fewer.
- Juniors Nell Criscione (Boxford, Mass./Masconomet Regional) and MaKayla Foster (Middlebury, Vt./Middlebury Union) had back-to-back shots in the 24th minute stopped by Savage.
- Wilmot picked up a stop of Powers' shot in the 29th minute, and an ensuing penalty corner yielded no shots.
- In the 42nd minute, Wilmot denied senior Charlotte Smith's bid before a follow-up corner set ended with Wilmot turning away Powers.
- With no time remaining in regulation and Adelphi running a corner play, junior Katelyn Zaneski's shot slipped past Wilmot and within inches of the cage, but Kondrotas cleared the ball off the line near the left post, and the teams headed to overtime.
- On the second shot for either team during the extra session, Brown passed from the right side of the field to the left side for Power, who buried the game's lone goal at 78:41.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday at Franklin Pierce University, 6 p.m.