GUILDERLAND, N.Y. - Saint Michael's College men's golf senior Matt Johnson (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln-Sudbury Regional) tied for 14th as the two-day The College of Saint Rose Fall Shootout came to an end on Saturday at Pinehaven Country Club.
- As a team, the Purple Knights tied for eighth among nine programs with 621 strokes (311-310), matching Roberts Wesleyan (N.Y.) College, which qualified for the 2019 NCAA Atlantic/East Regional Championship. Le Moyne College won with 587 shots.
- Of the teams the Purple and Gold trailed, four were regionals qualifiers last spring, among them fourth-place Assumption College, which won the Northeast-10 Conference Championship earlier this week.
- The Purple Knights were within four strokes of Bentley University, which competed in the 2019 NCAA regional, and two shy of Chestnut Hill (Pa.) College.
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Matt Johnson (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln-Sudbury Regional)
- 8-over 75-75--150
- Tied for 14th among 60 golfers
- 44th career round in the 70s
- Shot in 70s during last 19 rounds
- First-year Brendan Locke (Marblehead, Mass./Marblehead)
- 75-78--153, tied for 23rd
- Sixth career round in the 70s
- Junior Connor Morse (Westford, Mass./Kimball Union Academy)
- 81-76--157, tied for 33rd
- 18th career round in the 70s
- Moved up nine spots between rounds
- Sophomore Owen O'Malley (Marshfield, Mass./Marshfield)
- 80-81--161, tied for 38th
- First-year Kevin Mannion (Boston, Mass./Boston Collegiate Charter School)
- 83-81--164, tied for 46th
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Monday at Post University Eagles Invitational at Watertown (Conn.) Golf Club