ATTLEBORO, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College men's ice hockey team dropped a 3-2 decision against Stonehill College during Wednesday night's Northeast-10 Conference game at the New England Sports Village. With two regular-season conference games remaining, Saint Michael's is tied with Southern New Hampshire University for third in the NE10 with 12 points and is two points back of second-place Saint Anselm College.
- Saint Michael's (5-13-4, 5-5-3 NE10), Stonehill (7-13-1, 2-9-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Sam D'Antuono (Hingham, Mass./Dexter School), 1 goal, 1 assist 18-for-29 on faceoffs, +2
- Sophomore Zach Sullivan (Weymouth, Mass./Walpole Express), 1 goal
- Sophomore Sel Narby (Huntington, N.Y./Connecticut Junior Rangers), 1 assist, +2
- Sophomore Brandon Mitchell (North Scituate, R.I./Pomfret School), 1 assist
- Sophomore Noah Muller (Amsterdam, The Netherlands/Düsseldorfer EG), 1 assist
- Junior Tim Decker (Liverpool, N.Y./Canterbury School), 26 saves
- Junior Hadan Jordan (Colorado Springs, Colo./Boston Bandits), 4 blocks
- First-year Andy Ide (Barrington, R.I./Cushing Academy), 6-for-11 on faceoffs
- Senior Christopher Page, 2 goals
- Junior Cameron Wright, 1 goal, 9-for-15 on faceoffs
- Senior Billy Palmer, 57 saves
- Makeup game for the postponed Jan. 20 contest, which would have been the second of a two-game road series.
- With two regular-season conference games remaining for the Purple Knights, they sit tied for third in the NE10 with Southern New Hampshire with 13 points and are two points back of second-place Saint Anselm.
- Each of the Purple Knights' last eight games had been decided by two goals or fewer, with 10 of their last 15 contests against NE10 opponents being decided by one goal or less.
- The Purple Knights held a slight 36-32 advantage in faceoffs.
- The Purple Knights opened the scoring 12:51 into the first period when D'Antuono skated inside the right circle and ripped a shot into the lower left corner off of a feed from Mitchell.
- The Skyhawks answered back on the power play with 17 seconds remaining in the period as Page flicked a shot past Decker to make it 1-1.
- Stonehill made it 2-1 at the 8:08 mark in the second period when Wright found the back of the net off of a pass from junior Nicholas Godin.
- Jordan rung a shot off the post at the 11:53 mark, less than a minute after the Skyhawks had a third goal waved off.
- Page added his second goal of the night at 17:12 to put Stonehill up 3-1.
- With Decker pulled for an extra skater and 18:43 gone in the third period, Sullivan redirected a shot from Narby for a power-play goal to cut the deficit to one, but the Purple Knights were only able to get one more shot on net in the final 1:17.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Friday vs. Post University, 7 p.m.