SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Saint Michael's College men's soccer team lost to regionally-ranked Le Moyne College, 6-0, on Saturday during Northeast-10 Conference play at Ted Grant Field. The Dolphins are sixth in the latest NCAA East Region rankings.
- Saint Michael's (4-9-1, 3-7-1 NE10), Le Moyne (11-2-1, 8-2-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Leland Gazo (Colchester, Vt./Rice Memorial/Bradley), 6 saves
- Graduate student Marek Weber, 3 goals
- Sophomore Robert Rohrhirsch, 2 goals
- Graduate student Niklas Breunung, 1 goal
- Junior Jerry Lewandowski, 3 saves
- Saint Michael's entered the day three points out of the NE10's eighth and final postseason spot. Two regular-season games now remain.
- Le Moyne is ranking sixth in the first NCAA East Region rankings.
- The Purple Knights put the first shot on net, with junior Jake Bannon (Clifton, Va./Paul VI Catholic) stopped in the second minute.
- Rohrhirsch potted the winner in the 14th minute, converting senior Sam Daniel's cross and finding the lower left corner.
- Weber later scored twice in a 2:06 span, tapping in both goals from up close at 26:15 and 28:21.
- Rohrhirsch capped a three-goal flurry in 5:29 by slipping a shot in the right side during the 32nd minute.
- First-year Miguel Diaz's (Madrid, Spain/Saint Thomas Aquinas) bid to end the shutout was rejected by Lewandowski in the 37th minute.
- Weber completed his hat trick in the 55th minute before Breunung scored with 25 seconds left.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday vs. the University of New Haven, 3 p.m.
- That contest will be the Purple Knights' home finale and Senior Day, played on the Doc Jacobs Field grass surface in the baseball outfield.