NASHUA, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College men's tennis team lost to Emerson College, 4-3, on Friday at the Longfellow New Hampshire Tennis & Swim Club, absorbing its third one-point setback of the season.
- Saint Michael's (2-5), Emerson (3-1)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Jake Remillard (Saint Albans, Vt./BFA-Saint Albans), 1 win
- Sophomore Colby Antonacci (Bolton Valley, Vt./Mount Mansfield Union/Saint Anselm), 1 win
- First-year Ivan Llona (Shelburne, Vt./Champlain Valley Union), 1 win
- Third of four February matches for the Purple Knights, matching team's total from past three Februarys combined.
- Four of the Purple and Gold's seven matches have been decided by one point, with three ending in losses.
- Emerson is markedly improved over last season, when it won twice in 17 matches.
- Llona upped his record to 6-1 in singles, while Antonacci is 5-2.
- Remillard registered his first singles or doubles victory of the season.
- The Purple Knights lost 6-1 matches at No. 1 and 2 doubles, allowing the Lions to clinch the 1-0 lead heading into singles.
- During play at the third doubles spot, Llona and Remillard suffered a narrow 7-6 (10-8) setback in their first match together.
- Saint Michael's trailed 3-0 after Emerson's No. 1 and 2 singles players, who moved to a combined 8-0, swept matches.
- Junior Matt Mosher (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Warde) lost his opening set only 6-4 in the third spot before losing the second set by a 6-1 count, with the fourth point of the match giving Emerson the victory.
- The Purple Knights captured the final three singles matches of the contest, with Antonacci the first to win, 6-2, 6-3, at No. 4.
- Remillard played to a 6-2, 7-5 triumph in the sixth position before Llona claimed a 6-4, 6-2 win at No. 5.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Wednesday vs. Roberts Wesleyan (N.Y.) College, 3 p.m.