HOOKSETT, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College men's tennis team dropped a 7-0 decision to regionally-ranked Southern New Hampshire University during Wednesday afternoon's Northeast-10 Conference matchup at the Southern New Hampshire Tennis Courts. The Penmen are ranked fourth in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) East Region poll and have qualified for seven of the past eight NCAA Tournaments.
- Saint Michael's (4-10, 1-3 NE10), Southern New Hampshire (9-6, 3-0 NE10)
- The Penmen are ranked fourth in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) East Region poll and have qualified for seven of the past eight NCAA Tournaments.
- This was the first of five matches in seven days for the Purple Knights, with four of them being against NE10 opponents.
- Southern New Hampshire swept doubles to take a 1-0 lead into singles play.
- The Purple Knights' first and second doubles pairings each captured two games, as seniors Max Allen (Dennis, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) and Dan Foley (Wellesley, Mass./Wellesley) faced off against the 36th-ranked doubles tandem in the nation at No. 1, while senior Jake Remillard (Saint Albans, Vt./BFA-Saint Albans) and junior Matt Mosher (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Warde) paired in the second position.
- Allen fell 6-0, 6-1 in the top singles spot against the second-ranked singles player in the East Region.
- Sophomore Tirth Barot (Petrolia, Ontario/North Albion Collegiate Institute) lost 6-1, 6-0 in the sixth position.
- The Penmen did not yield a single game in the second through fifth positions.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Thursday vs. Assumption College, 3 p.m.