COLCHESTER, Vt. - The Saint Michael's College softball team dropped a Northeast-10 Conference doubleheader to Franklin Pierce University, 5-2 and 7-0, Wednesday afternoon at Doc Jacobs Field.
- Saint Michael's (2-26, 1-16 NE10), Franklin Pierce (8-26, 4-16 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Aleksandra Apkarian (Butler, N.J./Butler), 2-for-4, RBI, 2B
- First-year Courtney Norton (Georgetown, Mass./Bishop Fenwick), 2-for-3, R, SB
- Senior Hayley Craddock (Campbell River, British Columbia/Carihi Secondary School/Highline), 1-for-3, 3B
- Sophomore Sydney Longley (East Granby, Conn./The Ethel Walker School), 1-for-3, RBI
- First-year Leigh Brandenburg (Duxbury, Mass./Duxbury), 1-for-4, R
- Junior Julia Sevigny (Rocky Hill, Conn./Rocky Hill), 1-for-2, BB
- Junior Torie Rathwell (Guilderland, N.Y./Guilderland), 7 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, Loss
- Sophomore Ashley Rosario, 2-for-3, 2 R, RBI, 2B
- Sophomore Jess Rego, 1-for-3, 2 RBIs, BB
- Junior Kaitlyn Rooney, 1-for-4, RBI
- First-year Allie Martinez, 1-for-4, RBI
- Sophomore Gina Hinckley, 1-for-2, R, SAC
- Junior Amelia Mamone, 7 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, Win
- The Ravens held a slight 9-8 advantage in hits, while both teams recorded two extra-base knocks.
- The Purple Knights loaded the bases in the bottom of the first inning, but were unable to score. Apkarian reached on a single to center for the hosts' only hit of the inning.
- The Ravens scored four two-out runs on five hits in the top half of the second as Rosario and Rooney each tallied an RBI single, while Rego plated two with a single of her own.
- Franklin Pierce added one run on two hits and an error in the fourth as Martinez knocked in a run with a single to center.
- The Purple Knights notched their first run in the bottom half of the frame on three hits as Longley smacked an RBI single down the left field line to make it 5-1.
- Apkarian belted an RBI double with no outs in the bottom of the seventh for the Purple Knights before a double play and a lineout ended the game.
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Norton, 1-for-3
- Rathwell, 1-for-2, BB; 2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 1 ER, 1 BB
- Sevigny, 1-for-2, BB
- Junior Danielle Markowski (Ellington, Conn./Ellington), 2-for-2, BB
- Senior southpaw Molly Feeney (Valhalla, N.Y./John F. Kennedy Catholic), 5 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, Loss
- Rooney, 2-for-4, RBI
- Martinez, 2-for-4
- Rosario, 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Hinckley, 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Rego, 1-for-3, RBI, SF, SB
- Simmons, 1-for-4, 2 R, SB
- Sophomore Caitlyn Munzing, 1-for-1, R, RBI
- Senior Sabrina LoMonaco, 7 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 5 K, Win
- All but one of the Ravens' runs were unearned.
- The Ravens picked up two runs on two hits and two errors in the top of the second as Hinckley recorded an RBI single through the right side for the key hit.
- The Purple Knights left runners on second and third in the bottom of the second inning after a single from Norton, a walk by Sevigny, and a wild pitch, but neither scored.
- Franklin Pierce added the game's final five runs on five hits and two errors in the sixth. Munzing, Rooney, and Rosario each posted RBI singles in the inning, while Rego added a sacrifice fly.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Friday vs. Bentley University, 10 a.m. doubleheader
- The team will celebrate Senior Day before the contests.