STOWE, Vt. - Saint Michael's College Alpine skiing senior Guillaume Grand (La Plagne, France/Lycée Général Ferrié) reached the podium for the third time this season on Saturday as the Alpine and Nordic squads combined to take ninth among 16 schools when the two-day University of Vermont Carnival concluded. Alpine races took place at Stowe Mountain Resort, while Nordic events were at Trapp Family Lodge.
- Saint Michael's was ninth among 16 institutions with 322 points, within range of Harvard University (362) and Saint Lawrence University (376).
- Host UVM won with 934 points.
- For the weekend, the Purple Knights took fifth place with 267 points.
- The men were fifth (146), just short of the University of New Hampshire (173) and Middlebury College (165).
- The women claimed sixth (121), narrowly trailing UVM (166), UNH (151) and Colby College (141).
- Senior Guillaume Grand (La Plagne, France/Lycée Général Ferrié), 3rd in slalom, 1:49.78 two-run time
- 38th career top-10 finish
- 8th career podium
- 3rd podium this season
- 0.28 seconds short of second place
- Junior Colby Jordan (Charlotte, Vt./Mount Mansfield Winter Academy), 28th, 1:56.98
- First-year Constantin Krogh (Oslo, Norway/Persbråten VGS), 32nd, 1:57.39
- Career-high finish
- Wore No. 57 bib
- Junior Zach Bouchard (Merrimac, Mass./Gould Academy), 45th, 2:14.51
- Junior Erin Spence (Aspen, Colo./Aspen), 15th in slalom, 2:05.49 two-run time
- Career-high finish
- Sophomore Abby Sullivan (Saint Albans, Vt./Burke Mountain Academy), 31st, 2:18.94
- 0.26 seconds shy of 30th place and NCAA Championship points
- Wore No. 76 bib
- First completed event at first collegiate carnival
- Senior Amy Duclos (Clifton Park, N.Y./Shenendehowa), 51st in mass-start 15K classic, 59:34.8
- Senior Ellen Emers (East Hardwick, Vt./Hazen Union), 58th, 1:05:13.9
- First-year Rachel Smith (Old Forge, N.Y./Town of Webb), 60th, 1:08:00.2
- Sophomore Emma Bellefleur (Wolfeboro, N.H./Kingswood Regional), 61st, 1:09:14.4
- First-year John Cunningham (Springfield, N.H./Kearsarge Regional), 53rd in mass-start 20K classic, 1:07:20.1
- Senior Mitch McDonald (Prior Lake, Minn./Prior Lake), 63rd, 1:10:19.2
- First-year Mikey Halligan (Gansevoort, N.Y./Saratoga Central Catholic), 64th, 1:10:35.7
- First-year Gaelan Boyle-Wight (Newry, Maine/Telstar Regional), 67th, 1:11:40.7
- First-year Brian Wing (Chugiak, Alaska/Chugiak), 68th, 1:12:20.4
- First-year Will Meehan (Concord, Mass./Concord-Carlisle Regional), 70th, 1:16:35.1
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S EVENT
- Friday at Dartmouth College Carnival, 9 a.m.