HANOVER, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College Nordic skiing team began competition at the two-day Dartmouth College Carnival on Friday at Oak Hill Cross Country Center, where the Purple Knights took 12th place. Alpine races at Dartmouth Skiway in Lyme were postponed due to poor trail conditions.
- Saint Michael's is 12th among 12 schools heading into day two with 31 points.
- The women were seven points short of Université Laval, while the men were 11 points behind Bates College.
- First-year John Cunningham (Springfield, N.H./Kearsarge Regional), 69th in 15K skate, 54:49.3
- First-year Gaelan Boyle-Wight (Newry, Maine/Telstar Regional), 71st, 55:10.8
- First-year Mikey Halligan (Gansevoort, N.Y./Saratoga Central Catholic), 76th, 57:47.9
- Senior Mitch McDonald (Prior Lake, Minn./Prior Lake), 77th, 58:07.2
- First-year Brian Wing (Chugiak, Alaska/Chugiak), 78th, 1:00:11.0
- First-year Will Meehan (Concord, Mass./Concord-Carlisle Regional), 80th, 1:02:39.3
- Senior Amy Duclos (Clifton Park, N.Y./Shenendehowa), 72nd in 10K skate, 40:08.5
- Senior Ellen Emers (East Hardwick, Vt./Hazen Union), 76th, 41:45.2
- First-year Rachel Smith (Old Forge, N.Y./Town of Webb), 77th, 43:27.1
- Sophomore Emma Bellefleur (Wolfeboro, N.H./Kingswood Regional), 78th, 45:31.9
- Due to unsafe trail conditions, Friday's giant slalom races were postponed to Sunday, Feb. 17, back at the Dartmouth Skiway. Those races won't have any bearing on team scoring for the Dartmouth Carnival. Tomorrow's slalom races are still planned to be run as scheduled.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S EVENT
- Saturday at Dartmouth Carnival, 9 a.m.