LYME, N.H. - First-year Ben Throm (Aspen, Colo./Aspen) tied for third and senior Guillaume Grand (La Plagne, France/Lycée Général Ferrié) placed fifth for the Saint Michael's College Alpine skiing team in an Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA) giant slalom race on Sunday at Dartmouth Skiway. The event replaced last weekend's canceled Dartmouth College Carnival GS, with Sunday's results yielding no team points but allowing student-athletes the opportunity to earn points toward NCAA Championship qualification.
- First-year Ben Throm (Aspen, Colo./Aspen), T-3rd in giant slalom, 2:01.64 two-run time
- Career-high placement
- First collegiate podium
- Within 0.17 seconds of winner
- Senior Guillaume Grand (La Plagne, France/Lycée Général Ferrié), 5th, 2:01.70
- 41st career top-10 finish
- Within 0.23 seconds of winner
- Junior Colby Jordan (Charlotte, Vt./Mount Mansfield Winter Academy), 20th, 2:02.44
- First-year Christian Gallagher (Stowe, Vt./Burke Mountain Academy), 30th, 2:03.76
- First-year Austin Lilley (Winhall, Vt./Stratton Mountain School), 32nd, 2:04.08
- Junior Zach Bouchard (Merrimac, Mass./Gould Academy), 48th, 2:05.86
- Junior Anna Willassen (Jar, Norway/Persbråten VGS), 15th in giant slalom, 2:06.13 two-run time
- Junior Emilia Laffin (Chamonix, France/Lycée du Mont-Blanc René Dayve), 16th, 2:06.14
- Junior Erin Spence (Aspen, Colo./Aspen), 18th, 2:06.50
- Senior Clara Lopez Costa (Barcelona, Spain/Green Mountain Valley School), 29th, 2:08.05
- First-year Magnolia Neu (Truckee, Calif./North Tahoe), 38th, 2:11.14
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S EVENT
- Friday at Bates College Carnival, 9 a.m.
- The event is also the EISA Championship and NCAA East Regional Championship.