WALTHAM, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College men's and women's swimming & diving teams both lost dual decisions at Bentley University's Dana Center on Wednesday afternoon, with the men falling by a 138-71 count and the women suffering a 121-63 setback.
- Saint Michael's (2-5), Bentley (6-0)
- The Purple Knights competed for the first time since Nov. 23.
- Bentley won its 27th consecutive dual decision.
- First-year Emma Jane Tagliaferro (Bedford, N.H./Bedford) placed second in the 200-yard backstroke while siding with seniors Reiley Adelson (Saratoga Springs, N.Y./Saratoga Springs), Sarah Brennan (Glen Rock, N.J./Immaculate Heart Academy) and Sarah White (Lakeville, Mass./Apponequet Regional) on the fourth-place 800-yard freestyle relay squad.
- Senior Lauren Giampietro (Watertown, Conn./Watertown) was third in the 200-yard breaststroke and 400-yard individual medley while joining White and first-years Bella Amedio (Schenectady, N.Y./Albany Academy for Girls) and Marisa Butzirus (Coronado, Calif./Coronado) for a third-place 200-yard medley performance.
- Junior Meg Geschwind (Rochester, Minn./Mayo) placed third in the 500 free, followed by Adelson in fourth, while claiming fifth in the 200 breast and 200 free.
- Amedio was fourth during the 50 free and 200 breast, while Butzirus claimed fourth during the 200 back and 400 IM. White took fourth in the 200-yard butterfly, and junior Liz Vallatini (Needham, Mass./Needham) finished fourth during the one-meter diving.
- Saint Michael's (1-6), Bentley (6-0)
- The Purple Knights continued a three-meet week, competing for the second time in three days.
- Bentley won its 39th dual meet in a row.
- Senior Connor Hopkins (Windham, N.H./Windham) captured second in the 200 back and third during the 50 free - coming within 0.09 seconds of second place - while joining classmate Aidan Mulderrig (Rockville Centre, N.Y./South Side), junior Payton Stewart (Keene, N.H./Keene) and sophomore Nate Imbergamo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) for a third-place showing in the 800 free relay.
- Imbergamo took third in the 1,000 free and fourth during the 500 free, while Stewart was fourth in the 100 free and 200 free. Mulderrig nabbed fifth in the 100 free and 400 IM.
- Sophomore Sean McGurn (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) was fourth in the 1,000 free and fifth in the 200 breast while joining junior Dan Fortier (Sandwich, Mass./Sandwich), sophomore William Sullivan (Arlington, Va./Bishop O'Connell) and first-year Peter Middleton (Hingham, Mass./Thayer Academy) to take fourth in the 200 medley relay.
- Fortier claimed fifth in the 200 fly, Middleton was fifth during the 200 back, and first-year Dennis Sullivan (Hudson Falls, N.Y./Hudson Falls) corralled fifth-place showings in both the one- and three-meter diving events.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MEET
- Saturday at the State University of New York at Potsdam, 1 p.m.