COLCHESTER, Vt. - Eight veterans, including three returning starters, join four first-years on the 2018-19 Saint Michael's College women's basketball team, which will play nearly a quarter of its challenging schedule against qualifiers for last year's NCAA Tournament.
Head Coach: Shannon Kynoch (6th year as head coach, 11th year with program)
Assistant Coaches: Andrea Lozeau (6th year), Logan Pintka '11 (3rd year)
2017-18 Overall Record: 8-18
2017-18 Northeast-10 Conference Record: 5-16
Stood 1.5 games out of final postseason spot in NE10 Northeast Division in late January before losing four games by seven points or fewer down the stretch ... among those setbacks was a one-point overtime loss at the buzzer at eventual NCAA Tournament qualifier Southern Connecticut State University ... four of top five scorers return from a 10-woman roster, believed to be tied for the smallest in program history ... top three in blocks and top two in steals and rebounding return ... three regular starters are back.
Following annual exhibition game at the University of Vermont on Sunday, Saint Michael's begins regular season on Nov. 9-10 at Saint Thomas Aquinas (N.Y.) College Tip-Off Tournament ... second contest of that tournament is against the host, which qualified for the 2018 NCAA Tournament ... the Purple Knights kick off their NE10 schedule on Nov. 14 at Southern New Hampshire University ... their home opener is on Nov. 17 against Stonehill College, which is 19th in both preseason national polls. The Skyhawks advanced to the 2018 NCAA Tournament Elite Eight ... in addition to opposing Stonehill twice, Saint Michael's faces No. 8 Bentley University for a home-and-home during the season. Bentley is another one of four NCAA qualifiers the Purple Knights take on this winter for a total of six contests ... the top five teams from each of the NE10's two divisions head into the postseason, with the NE10 Championship beginning with first-round contests on March 1.
- Samantha Delaney (Smithtown, N.Y./Smithtown East), 6-foot-2 forward | 2nd-year captain | 26 games | 26 starts | 12.7 points | 7.9 rebounds | 0.8 blocks | 43.3 fg% | 81.8 ft%
- Emily Ferreri (Hyde Park, N.Y./Our Lady of Lourdes), 5-foot-8 guard | 2nd-year captain | 2017-18 CoSIDA Academic All-America | 26 games | 26 starts | 10.1 points | 4.9 rebounds | 3.2 assists | 2.4 steals
- Alyssa Breunig (Trumbull, Conn./Trumbull), 5-foot-10 guard | 16 games | 1.3 points | 1.0 rebounds | 7 blocks
- Cassandra Falone (Chatham, N.J./Chatham), 5-foot-8 guard | 20 games | 3.0 points | 14 three-pointers | 35.9 3pt%
- Taylor Miller (Falmouth, Mass./Falmouth), 6-foot-1 forward | 25 games | 1 start | 4.0 points | 2.8 rebounds | 1.0 block
- Brianna Purcell (Bedford, N.H./Bedford), 5-foot-6 guard | 23 games | 23 starts | 8.6 points | 3.7 rebounds | 4.3 assists | 2.1 steals | 42.7 fg%
- Nicole Anderson (Kittery Point, Maine/Marianapolis Prep), 5-foot-9 guard | 25 games | 5 starts | 5.6 points | 2.4 rebounds | 1.4 assists | 36.0 3pt% | 27 three-pointers
- Casey Evans (Londonderry, N.H./Saint Andrew's School), 5-foot-11 forward | redshirt sophomore | 26 games | 1.6 points | 2.5 rebounds | 80.0 ft%