MANCHESTER, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College women's basketball team continued a three-game run against regionally-ranked Northeast-10 Conference foes on Saturday at Saint Anselm College, where the Purple Knights lost an 86-49 decision in Stoutenburgh Gymnasium. The Hawks are seventh in the NCAA East Region poll.
- Saint Michael's (11-14, 7-13 NE10), Saint Anselm (18-7, 13-7 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- First-year Nicole Ladas (Glastonbury, Conn./Tilton School), 12 points, 4-for-10 field goals
- Sophomore Nicole Anderson (Kittery Point, Maine/Marianapolis Prep), 9 points, 5 rebounds
- Junior Brianna Purcell (Bedford, N.H./Bedford), 8 points, 3 assists
- Junior Cassandra Falone (Chatham, N.J./Chatham), 7 points, 2 assists
- Senior Emily Ferreri (Hyde Park, N.Y./Our Lady of Lourdes), 5 rebounds, 3 assists
- Junior Alyssa Breunig (Trumbull, Conn./Trumbull), 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks
- Junior Taylor Miller (Falmouth, Mass./Falmouth), 4 rebounds, 2 blocks
- Junior Shannon Ryan, 22 points, 10 rebounds, 10-for-18 field goals
- Sophomore Peyton Steinman, 11 points
- Senior Ashley Briggs, 9 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals
- Senior Emma Daly, 9 points, 3-for-6 three-pointers
- Sophomore Grace Guachione, 9 points, 6 assists, 3-for-4 three-pointers
- Saint Anselm is seventh in the latest NCAA East Region poll.
- Second of three consecutive regionally-ranked foes for the Purple Knights to end the regular season.
- Saint Michael's is 9-7 since a 2-7 start.
- Saint Michael's took only one lead in the first half, 13-12, on Ladas' three-pointer at 3:50 of the first quarter, as the teams played through four ties and were separated by five points or fewer for 17:51 of the 20 minutes.
- Ferreri's jumper had the Purple Knights down 33-30 with 2:45 to go in the second frame before Briggs capped a 6-0 run with a triple at 35 seconds, sending the Hawks into the locker room up by nine.
- Saint Anselm eventually extended its run to 20-4, forging ahead 53-34 on junior Sara Messler's free throw at 4:19 of the third period.
- Redshirt sophomore Casey Evans (Londonderry, N.H./Saint Andrew's School) and Anderson countered with jumpers 47 seconds apart to trim the deficit to 15.
- The Hawks scored the next 26 points by 4:07 of the fourth quarter to put the game away.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Tuesday vs. regionally-ranked Merrimack College, 5:30 p.m.
- The Warriors are ninth in the NCAA East Region poll.