PLYMOUTH, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College women's ice hockey team began a seven-game break from conference play with a 8-3 loss against Plymouth State University on Tuesday evening at Hanaway Rink.
- Saint Michael's (2-9), Plymouth State (3-5)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Senior Jordan Monbouquette (Wayland, Mass./Lawrence Academy), 1 goal, 1 assist
- Junior Lizzie Blanchard (New Bedford, Mass./New Bedford), 2 assists
- Senior Arianna Boscia (Cranston, R.I./La Salle Academy), 1 goal
- Senior Alissa Sullivan (Hingham, Mass./Hingham), 1 goal, 2 blocks
- Sophomore Jenna Harrison (Kitchener, Ontario/Wellesley), 1 assist, 11 faceoff wins
- First-year Maeghan Kennard (Hamlin, N.Y./Niagara Jr. Purple Eagles), 1 assist, 10-for-19 faceoffs
- Junior MacRae McCarthy (Ithaca, N.Y./Syracuse Nationals), 5-for-8 faceoffs
- Junior Riley Nichols (Gilford, N.H./Tilton School), 3 blocks
- Senior Vika Simons (Essex Junction, Vt./Minnesota Duluth Club), 14 saves in 34:09
- Sophomore Gabriella Dicomitis (Warwick, R.I./Williston Northampton School), 13 saves in 25:36 of relief
- Senior Alexis Fagan, 3 goals, 1 assist
- Senior Caitlin Connor, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Sophomore Hannah Bradshaw, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Senior Julie Nagel, 1 goal
- First-year Sophie Streed, 1 goal
- First-year Addie Swanson, 1 goal
- First-year Becca Bridge, 23 saves
- The Purple Knights opened a seven-game break from New England Women's Hockey Alliance (NEWHA) play that will stretch into early January.
- Saint Michael's was only outshot 35-26 while being outgained 33-29 on faceoffs.
- Bridge denied shots from Harrison at 2:49 and Blanchard with 3:13 gone in the first period before Fagan countered at the other end with the opening goal on her team's first shot at 3:38.
- Swanson doubled the lead with 16:27 gone, and the Panthers carried their 2-0 advantage into the middle point of the contest.
- Nagel pushed the advantage to 3-0 by scoring on a power play through a screen at 9:20 of the second frame, but Sullivan roofed a shot from the left circle just 18 seconds later, with Blanchard and Kennard assisting.
- The Panthers later tacked on a pair of markers just 2:40 apart, with Fagan going 1-on-1 through the left circle before cutting into the slot and beating Simons glove side at 11:29 before Connor capped a run of four goals in a matter of 4:51 with a goal at 14:09, pushing the lead to 5-1.
- Boscia trimmed the margin during a power play 2:23 into the third period, as Monbouquette dove to knock the puck to Harrison, whose pass from the left corner found Boscia at the blue line.
- Bradshaw reestablished a four-goal cushion with 8:56 gone, but Monbouquette scored 1:41 later to make it 6-3. Blanchard and first-year Jordan Lettiere (Hull, Mass./Belmont) lent helpers.
- Streed potted another marker with 1:14 remaining, and Fagan completed her hat trick on an empty net with 10 seconds left.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S GAME
- Dec. 6 at Colby College, 3 p.m.