WEST HAVEN, Conn. - The Saint Michael's College women's tennis team finished its season-opening two-match road swing with a 7-0 loss at the University of New Haven on Sunday at the New Haven Tennis Courts during Northeast-10 Conference play.
- Saint Michael's (0-2, 0-2 NE10), New Haven (1-1, 1-1 NE10)
- Saint Michael's capped a two-match road weekend, and continued a season-opening five-match road swing.
- New Haven swept the doubles matches to earn the opening point. The Purple Knights' tandem of senior Caroline Sumner (Needham, Mass./Needham) and sophomore Annie Serkes (Garden City, N.Y./Sacred Heart Academy) had the closest result, falling by a 6-3 count.
- The Chargers yielded only five games while sweeping the first five singles matches, each among the top five positions.
- At No. 6, first-year Ava Albis (Hamden, Conn./Hamden) won her opening set before losing her second in a tie-breaker and ultimately falling by a 5-7, 7-6 (11-9), 6-3 result.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Saturday at Saint Anselm College, 1 p.m.