HOOKSETT, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College women's tennis team completed a two-match Northeast-10 Conference weekend with a 6-1 loss to Southern New Hampshire University on the Penmen Stadium Tennis Courts on Sunday. The Penmen are tied for second in the NE10 standings.
- Saint Michael's (4-5, 3-5 NE10), Southern New Hampshire (8-1, 7-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Sophomore Abby Edelmann (Boxford, Mass./Masconomet Regional), 1 win
- Edelmann handed the Penmen just their second loss at No. 6 singles in nine matches this season while improving to 3-1 at that flight.
- The contest was the Purple Knights' regular-season road finale.
- Saint Michael's played its second NE10 match of the weekend.
- Southern New Hampshire opened the match by sweeping doubles play to nab a 1-0 lead. The Purple Knight tandems of seniors Abby Ramsay (Bedford, N.H./Bedford)/Caroline Sumner (Needham, Mass./Needham) and Edelmann/sophomore Elly McKenna (Lowell, Mass./Lowell Catholic) had the closest matches but both dropped 6-3 decisions, playing at the No. 1 and 3 spots, respectively.
- The Penmen took the first five singles matches while losing a total of seven games. Sophomore Brittany Katz (Ballston Lake, N.Y./Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake) won four of those games during a 6-2, 6-2 loss at No. 2.
- In the final singles match, Edelmann won her opening set handily before winning a tie-breaker in the second, which capped a 6-3, 7-6 (9-7) triumph.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Wednesday vs. Franklin Pierce University, 3 p.m.
- The teams will make up a match postponed on Oct. 1.