COLCHESTER, Vt. - New Saint Michael's College women's volleyball head coach Kim Lissinna looks to meld a green veteran core with a talented rookie class during her first season with the Purple Knights in 2018.
Head Coach: Kim Lissinna (1st year)
Assistant Coach: Matt Vosburgh (6th year)
2017 Overall Record: 1-18
2017 Northeast-10 Conference Record: 1-13
Three of last year's "starting" seven return, including a setter and two hitters ... three of top four in blocks return, as does service aces leader ... two of top three in kills and assists are back.
Saint Michael's begins its season on Sept. 7-8 at the Union (N.Y.) College Invitational, where the Purple Knights play four matches ... NE10 play begins on Sept. 18 when the Purple and Gold visits Assumption College ... after six matches on the road, Saint Michael's begins its seven-match home schedule against Southern New Hampshire University on Sept. 27 ... its next home contest is against 2017 NCAA Tournament qualifier Saint Anselm College on Oct. 2 before each of the final three regular-season foes advanced to last year's NCAAs: American International College (home, Oct. 27), University of New Haven (road, Nov. 2) and Southern Connecticut State University (road, Nov. 3). New Haven won the region to advance to the Final Four, while AIC was the regional runner-up ... the top eight teams in the final standings qualify for the NE10 Championship, which begins on Nov. 6.
- Mairin King (Melrose, Mass./Mystic Valley Regional Charter School), 5-foot-9 middle blocker | not a member of the team in 2017 | 2016 stats: 5 matches | 19 kills | 4 blocks
- Gabby Ratte (Kula, Hawaii/Seabury Hall/Colby-Sawyer) | 5-foot-9 setter/right-side hitter | captain | 18 matches | 79 kills | 134 assists | 89 digs | 15 blocks
- Tanner Barton (Hudson Falls, N.Y./Hudson Falls), 5-foot-8 outside hitter | 19 matches | 81 kills | 17 service aces (team leader) | 103 digs
- Anna Lonczak (Pine Plains, N.Y./Stissing Mountain), defensive specialist | did not make any appearances in first season of college volleyball
- Allie Statile (Simsbury, Conn./Simsbury), 5-foot-11 middle blocker | 19 matches | 51 kills | 17 blocks
- Victoria Bradford (Vero Beach, Fla./Saint Edward's School), defensive specialist | 1 match | 2 digs
- Molly Clarke (Barkhamsted, Conn./Northwestern Regional), 5-foot-8 right-side hitter/middle blocker | 6 matches | 5 kills | 3 digs | 1 block
- Jillian Harvie (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough), 5-foot-9 outside hitter | 7 matches | 18 kills | 12 digs
- Katy Konow (Lebanon, Conn./Lyman Memorial), setter | 13 matches | 6 kills | 69 assists | 37 digs