EASTON, Mass. - The Saint Michael's College women's volleyball team lost a Northeast-10 Conference road match to Stonehill College, 3-0 (25-15, 25-11, 25-16), on Saturday in Merkert Gymnasium.
- Saint Michael's (0-8, 0-3 NE10), Stonehill (8-5, 4-1 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Tanner Barton (Hudson Falls, N.Y./Hudson Falls), 5 kills, 6 digs, 2 blocks
- First-year Grace Fornabia (Saratoga Springs, N.Y./Saratoga Central Catholic), 3 kills, 4 blocks
- Junior Allie Statile (Simsbury, Conn./Simsbury), 2 kills, 3 digs, 4 blocks
- Sophomore Katy Konow (Lebanon, Conn./Lyman Memorial), 12 assists, 4 digs, 2 kills
- Senior Gabby Ratte (Kula, Hawaii/Seabury Hall/Colby-Sawyer), 9 digs, 2 aces, 2 blocks
- First-year Abby Gallagher (Kingston, Mass./Silver Lake Regional), 5 digs
- First-year Abby Remick, 11 kills, .450 hitting, 13 digs
- Sophomore Sophia Poveda, 10 kills
- First-year Lauren Wilke, 13 assists
- Sophomore Jessica Givens, 22 assists
- Junior Rachel Dunlavy, 19 digs
- Saint Michael's had a season-high eight blocks, its most since registering 13 on Nov. 5, 2016.
- In the opening set, Barton dropped a kill to make it 6-6, the fourth tie by that juncture, before 15 of the next 18 points came from Stonehill.
- The Purple Knights responded with a 5-0 run, creating a 21-14 margin, with Ratte dropping two aces and picking up a block in that time, while Statile had a kill and a block.
- The Skyhawks ended the set on a 4-1 run.
- Fornabia's kill sparked a 3-2 run to start the second set before the next eight points came from Stonehill, which slowly built its lead to as many as 14 points.
- The hosts started set No. 3 with the first five points before Statile's kill chipped the deficit to 7-4.
- Stonehill pushed the lead to 10 behind an 8-1 run, but Fornabia's block created the first of two seven-point holes.
- The Skyhawks scored the next four points and never again led by fewer than eight points.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Tuesday vs. Saint Anselm College, 7 p.m.
- The Hawks qualified for the 2017 NCAA Tournament.