RINDGE, N.H. - The Saint Michael's College women's volleyball team hit the road for the only time during a current five-match stretch on Tuesday evening and fell to Franklin Pierce University, 3-0 (25-18, 25-22, 25-15), in the FPU Fieldhouse during Northeast-10 Conference play.
- Saint Michael's (0-11, 0-6 NE10), Franklin Pierce (5-18, 1-6 NE10)
SAINT MICHAEL'S LEADERS
- Junior Allie Statile (Simsbury, Conn./Simsbury), 8 kills, .400 hitting
- Junior Tanner Barton (Hudson Falls, N.Y./Hudson Falls), 8 kills, 10 digs
- Senior Gabby Ratte (Kula, Hawaii/Seabury Hall/Colby-Sawyer), 5 kills, 5 digs, 2 aces
- Sophomore Katy Konow (Lebanon, Conn./Lyman Memorial), 23 assists, 4 digs, 1 ace
- Sophomore Victoria Bradford (Vero Beach, Fla./Saint Edward's School), 13 digs (career high)
- Junior Abigail Garnhart, 16 kills, .600 hitting, 3 blocks
- Sophomore Mary Pease, 30 assists, 12 digs
- Junior Jocelyn Moody, 12 digs
- Statile's kill in the opening set brought Saint Michael's within 5-3, but the hosts countered with an 8-2 run and never again led by fewer than five points.
- Statile and first-year Abby Gallagher (Kingston, Mass./Silver Lake Regional) both had two kills during the visitors' 9-1 run to open the second set, and Saint Michael's still led 10-4 on a Statile kill before the Ravens edged within 15-14 on Garnhart's kill. Ratte's kill capped a 4-1 response, and the Purple Knights were up 20-17 before Franklin Pierce ended the set on an 8-2 run.
- The hosts scored 14 of the first 17 points in set No. 3 before Saint Michael's put together an 8-3 jaunt, with Barton dropping two kills and Ratte adding two aces to make it 17-11. The next five points came from the Ravens, who led by at least nine points from there on out.
NEXT SAINT MICHAEL'S MATCH
- Friday vs. The College of Saint Rose, 7 p.m.